When asked what do we need the usual reply is, ‘everything… from a packet of rice to a washing machine’. Many of our families are given an empty flat or house and have no money for furnishing or other household goods. We do have a list of the more regularly needed items. The list: download it here.
Items for the Carriers of Hope/ Circle of Friends outlets:
- Toiletries and cleaning products:
- Nappies – all sizes
- Washing up liquid
- Kitchen Rolls
- Toilet rolls
- Cleaning products for the home
- Pants and socks
- Any other toiletries or sanitary products
- Small folding umbrellas
- Items for babies and children:
- Children’s clothes
- Toys and books for children
- Baby equipment – especially push chairs
- Children’s shoes
- Warm winter coats – all sizes (including adults)
- Pants and socks – all sizes (including adults)
- Outgrown items of school uniform.
- Warm winter coats – all sizes
- Baby clothes
- Adult Clothes
- Food including rice and other non-perishable food items
- Household linen: towels, tea towels, table cloths, curtains, bedding.
- Kitchen equipment: including kitchen tools, cutlery, pots and pans etc.
- Brushes, mops, electric irons, ironing boards, clothes airers.
If you have contacts that are replacing furniture items, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, microwaves etc. please tell them about us.
Supermarket gift cards that could be converted into any of the above.
We also need recyclable carrier bags.
How to donate to us:
Tuesday mornings in term-time from 8.00 to 10.30am: Hillfields Evangelical Baptist Church – opposite St Mary and St. Benedict’s School. HEBC is situated on the corner of King William Street and is in Waterloo Street (CV1 5JS) which is accessed from Berry Street via Nelson Street and Yardley Street.
There is a large carpark round the back of the building where you can stop to drop things off – and maybe stay to visit us.
Fridays from 9.30 – 2.30 to our new warehouse at 2C Swallowgate Business Park, Holbrook Lane, Coventry CV6 4BL. It is possible, by mutual agreement, to arrange access to this building at other times by contacting Emma, our store supervisor, on 07883 936172.
If you can’t get to us and your item is small enough to be collected by car please send me your phone number and address and I will arrange for one of our collectors to contact you to arrange a convenient time.
If your item is large and needs to be collected please contact Catherine on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07939 437159. Catherine works Monday to Wednesday.
If your donation is a baby item please contact Katie on 07809 367517 about taking it to our new warehouse at Unit 2C Swallowgate Business Park, Holbrook Lane CV6 4BL.
If all else fails: Sue Sampson’s house 55, Garth Crescent, Binley, Coventry CV3 2PP
If we’re out the garden gate at the left hand side of our front door is left open and things can be left just inside, in the covered walkway.